Fiance / K-1 Visa

Home|Practice Areas|Immigration|Fiance / K-1 Visa

Fiance / K-1 Visa

Dayton Fiancé Visa Lawyer

90-Day Fiancé/Fiancée – How much of the reality show is real?

While I cannot speculate on the relationship in that show, I can tell you exactly what type of information each couple needed to send to the U.S. government to prove their relationship is bona fide and will result in marriage within 90 days of the fiancé(e)’s arrival in the United States.

Fiancé(e) Visa (K-1)

The K-1 category permits the fiancé(e) of a U.S. Citizen to enter the United States for a 90-day period to marry the U.S. Citizen and apply for permanent residence. K Visa processing can sometimes take longer than processing for other nonimmigrant visas because it entails the submission and consideration of comprehensive biographical and admissibility data at two stages of the process.

Basic Requirements for a Fiancé Visa

A U.S. Citizen files a petition with the Department of Homeland Security in the United States.  The petition must evidence that the fiancé(e) and the U.S. Citizen:

  • Have previously met in person within two years of the date of filing the petition (unless a waiver is granted);
  • Have a bona fide intention to marry; and
  • Are legally able and actually willing to conclude a valid marriage in the United States within 90 days after the fiancé(e)’s arrival.


Warning: If you do not marry within 90 days, your fiancé(e) will be required to depart the United States, and failure to depart renders them removable (deportable).


How Can We Help You?

Our premier Dayton attorneys work diligently to defend our clients’ rights with aggressive and individualized legal representation.

Our Immigration Attorney

Why Do People Choose Us?

Because We Win!

You Can Trust Your Future To The VanNoy Firm

How Can We Help You?

Make a consultation with our expert team to solve your problems.

Fill out the form below to schedule a consultation.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.