Dayton Custody Attorney

Home|Dayton Custody Attorney

Dayton Custody Attorney

As seasoned Dayton custody attorneys, we know how smoothly or roughly child custody hearings and written agreements can go. That being said, let’s take a look at what you need to do in order to modify yours if it currently needs to be.

Changing your Custody Agreement

Firstly, it’s worth it to say that if you feel like the changes that you want to make to your custody agreement are significant, then you might want to talk to your ex-husband or wife about simply renewing the whole thing. In many cases, this can eliminate a whole lot of disorder and uncertainty between parties, especially if a husband and wife broke up on bad terms, and a rearranging of a custody agreement could cause potential turmoil or unnecessary negative commotion. 

That being said, if you feel that your ex won’t agree with your suggested modifications to the agreement, that doesn’t mean that you still can’t take action on your own. The Ohio Bar Association suggests that you simply move forward with filing your motion, filling out the court forms, and paying the filing fees. 

The association also points out that this kind of case can take anywhere from nine months to a year, depending on the details of it. Each parent will get to tell their side of the story. And, yes, the children’s wishes will definitely be taken into account.

Getting your hands on the forms for a change in assignment of parental rights and duties is simple, as The Supreme Court of Ohio & The Ohio Justice System has those affidavits and forms on their website, and you can download them there. However, when it comes to completing all the necessary information, you want help from a trusted Dayton custody attorney

Reasons a Custody Agreement May Need to Be Changed

Many times, in child custody cases, what the child or children need could be the main reason that a modification in the custody agreement is warranted. The fact of the matter is that life happens, and if a situation that affects the child or one of the parents is altered from the time the original agreement was made up until now, then it’s always best to make these changes known to the courts so that the proper adjustments can be made.

For example, let’s say that a mother has custody of her 14-year-old boy, and now the child wants to attend a special high school that’s not offered in his mother’s city but is in his father’s. This would not only affect what the child wants and/or needs academically but the teenager’s emotional well-being would also be taken into consideration when deciding if the child custody agreement should be modified so that he could attend that school.

Contact Your Experienced Dayton Custody Attorney

If you are currently seeking legal counsel concerning your previous child custody arrangement with your ex because things have changed since then, then don’t hesitate to contact us at The VanNoy Firm today for a consultation.

Why Do People Choose Us?

Because We Win!

You Can Trust Your Future To The VanNoy Law Firm

How Can We Help You?

Make a consultation with our expert team to solve your problems.

Fill out the form below to schedule a consultation.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.